This membership category is for US businesses or social enterprises committed to sustainable or fair trade practices that alleviate income inequality with an ongoing permanent presence in the Chicagoland area (stretching from southern WI to northern IN).
Within this category, there are two tiers of membership:
Globally Made Business • Locally Made Business
- A business or social enterprise that works directly with makers in the US or abroad, or
- A retail business that resells a majority of products from Fair Trade vendors
ANNUAL DUES: Starting at $120
- A business or social enterprise that provides a service to ethically-minded entrepreneurs, or
- A retail business that resells some products from Fair Trade vendors
Note: Currently, Allied Members can not sell products at CFT pop-up events but can cross-promote their business in other ways
ANNUAL DUES: $100
Membership in CFT will be the best investment for your business – networks are critical [for beginning] businesses.
CFT is a local connector; it helps make personal connections that bring business.
Being a member of CFT helps generate a customer base.
When I first joined, I [would] ask other members the best way to do things all the time, and they were always so helpful.
Expand your Network
Access to mentors
Happy hour socials
Share best practices
Marketing & Branding
Increase consumer engagement with your brand
CFT’s logo or Ally badge on member product tags
Member website and events posted on CFT’s website
Shared media coverage / PR
Social media promotion to 12,500+ followers
Vetted membership for company credibility
CFT Holiday Pop-Up Shop
Vending opportunities during CFT programming (e.g. WFTD)
Member events (e.g. congregational holiday fairs)
Please note: Applications are reviewed quarterly. Decisions are made within 30 business days of each deadline.
- March 15th (deadline for participating in World Fair Trade Day events)
- June 15th
- September 15th (deadline for in participating in Holiday Pop-up Shop)
- December 15th
If you have any questions please contact our membership committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To pay your membership dues, please use our dedicated business member form and not the main donation form.