Business entities (for-profit or not-for-profit) that sell products that alleviate poverty should apply as business members. Products can be either fairly traded from other countries or produced locally by social enterprises. Applicants should have an established connection to the Chicagoland area. Visit our list of current business members for examples.
We are a community committed to promoting fair trade. We welcome people with a spirit of collaboration to help CFT with this mission. If you have any questions please contact our membership committee at email@example.com.
There are three types of business members; all use the same application form.
Globally Made Business • Locally Made Business
- A business or social enterprise that works directly with makers in the US or abroad, or
- A retail business that resells a majority of products from Fair Trade vendors
ANNUAL DUES: Starting at $120
- A business or social enterprise that provides a service to ethically-minded entrepreneurs, or
- A retail business that resells some products from Fair Trade vendors
Note: Currently, Allied Members can not sell products at CFT pop-up events but can cross-promote their business in other ways
ANNUAL DUES: $100
Please note: Applications are reviewed quarterly. Decisions are made within 30 business days of each deadline.
- March 15th (deadline for participating in World Fair Trade Day events)
- June 15th
- September 15th (deadline for in participating in Holiday Pop-up Shop)
- December 15th
To pay your membership dues, please use our dedicated business member form and not the main donation form.