- This event has passed.
Magnificent Mile of Fair Trade: Chicago’s World Fair Trade Day Celebration
May 11 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Drop in or stay for the day! A Magnificent Mile of Fair Trade: Chicago’s 10th Annual World Fair Trade Day celebration.
For ten years, Chicago has hosted the biggest World Fair Trade Day event in the U.S. in Daley Plaza. This year Chicago Fair Trade is organizing something bold, exciting, and new: A Magnificent Mile of Fair Trade. On May 11, the Magnificent Mile will be buzzing with fair trade activities.
JOIN US AT 1:15 IN THE SANCTUARY AT FOURTH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH FOR A FABULOUS FASHION SHOW!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Fair Trade Bazaar
◦ 10 AM-5 PM Fourth Presbyterian Church (126 E Chestnut) Shop from over 20 locally-owned fair trade businesses
Fair Trade Luxury Boutique
◦ 10 AM-8 PM 900 N. Michigan Avenue
From fair mined jewelry to silk nightwear and lingerie, you’ll be amazed at the quality of these handcrafted items. Closing reception and toast to the day from 6:30-8
◦ 6:30 PM-8PM: Closing toast and reception.
LUXURY POP-UP BOUTIQUE: EXTENDED THROUGH THE WEEKEND!
Ethical Fashion Show
◦ 1:15 PM The show takes place in Sanctuary at Fourth Presbyterian Church (126 E Chestnut) then at 1:45 will send its way up and down Michigan Avenue.
Fair Trade Food Giveaways
◦ 10 AM: Coffee at Fourth Presbyterian Church (126 E Chestnut)
◦ 10:00 AM: Fair Trade Chocolate at the Jane Byrne Plaza in front of the historic water tower (until we run out!)
◦ 12:30-1:15 PM: Lunch by Farmers Fridge and I Heart Keenwah at Fourth Presbyterian Church and Athleta (101 E Oak Street)
◦ 10:30-11:30 AM: “Fair Trade: Beyond Coffee”, Fourth Presbyterian Church (126 E Chestnut)
◦ 2:30-3:30 PM: “Five Ways to Fair Trade your Life”, Fourth Presbyterian Church
◦ 5:30-6:30 PM: “Ethical Fashion=Feminist Statement”, North Shore Exchange (900 N Michigan Avenue) Complimentary wine!
• Mobile radio broadcast 12-1.WBEZ’s WorldView with Jerome McDonnell will be out and about reporting on the actions
• Information stations at at Athleta and EILEEN FISHER (845 N Michigan Avenue)
Interested in volunteering? Contact us at