Chicago Fair Trade’s annual fundraiser, Globalfest, is coming up on Friday, October 16th, at Open Secret Studio (401 N Racine). On the fence about whether or not you’ll attend? We think this list will convince you to buy a ticket.
- Fair Spirits will be there, serving exclusive signature fair trade cocktails created by our Instagram followers! Keep an eye on our Instagram page to see whose drinks will be chosen! (Plus: fair trade and organic wine and local beer, fresh squeezed juices from Belli’s Juicebar, and sparkling honey water from WestSide Bee Boyz, so everyone’s happy, no matter what your drink of choice is!)
- Stuff yourself full of homemade samosas and delicious fondue from Theo Chocolate.
- Every attendee will receive a free pass for 1 yoga class from Moksha Yoga!
- Emcee Laura Ng heads up a super inspiring allied organization, Traffick Free, and will be sure to inspire you to take action and support the cause. Plus, celebrate with Commissioner John Fritchey and activist Ami Gandhi, who were hugely instrumental in helping us pass a Sweatfree Cook County Ordinance and will be receiving this year’s Fair Trade Changemaker Award.
- Take a chance and bid for a chance to win one of more than 75 items in our largest silent auction yet – including items from CFT members businesses like Production Mode and Bright Endeavors, classes from local art centers and yoga studios, and gift certificates to some of Chicago’s hottest shops and restaurants!
- Mingle with CFT supporters, business owners, activists, and friends. Is there any better way to spend a Friday night?
Get your tickets here ($55 in advance/$65 at the door and $25 for students/$35 at the door with a valid student ID).